Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Takehomeasack

Thank you, Steak n Shake for the delicious meal last night.

Sauget, IL (a.k.a. St.Louis) at Pop's. GREAT show and a great board I got to work on. It brings me back to my Aesthetics of Live Sound Reinforcement class taught by "Feedback" Jack Alexander at Columbia College Chicago: Allen & Heath GL2800M. Such a great board and really easy. Monitors sounded great last night, and was a really fun show.




The day was really low-key. We parked in the am behind the venue and were there all day. There was nothing around but stripclubs and a truckstop with an OTB facility attached. Everyone stayed in and was on their laptops, ipods, etc. since it was cold and nasty. Load in went well and load out went well.

After the show, I got some bills paid, cable/internet setup appointment for the new town home and changed my address (as well as Prudence's). Some fans/friends of the band took Bruno & Jason to Steak n Shake 15min away from the venue to get food. Bruno texted, thankfully, and picked me up a steakburger, fries and a chocolate/banana shake--f'ng delicious. I got to talk to my lovely bride yesterday for a while, it was nice and I am grateful that I got to hear her voice. I spoke with Roman lastnight, too, and that was awesome. He's SO stoked about his new bedroom and sheets on his bed: Star Wars. Prudence is working really hard to make our home beautiful and comfortable and I appreciate it wholeheartedly; I try to tell her as often as I can remember to.

On the bus right now, post rice & veggie sausage lunch; Jason & Bruno did a live interview/acoustic performance at WIIL Rock in Kenosha, WI this am. We're en route to Wisconsin Dells for our day off. Tomorrow there's a live interview/acoustic performance in Minnesota and show in Minneapolis; hopefully I will get to see my friend Sara, she rules.

Here are some crappy photos of the St. Louis Arch I took lastnight in the dark when I remembered I wanted to....






that's it for now -i'm gonna go read in my bunk.
-uncle j

No comments: