Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baconaughticals

Minnesota.
Mini Soda.

brought to you from a parking lot in Lincoln, NE....

it's definitely cold in MN - first stop yesterday was at a radio station in Mankato. Then on to Minneapolis for the show at Cabooze. Early show, again, so soundcheck was around 4, doors at 5, band on at 5:30. My friend, Sara, lives in Minnapolis, so we made plans to meet up for dinner & beer at Triple Rock Social Club after the show. Apparently, weds is "Bacon Night" at the Triple Rock; all you can eat bacon from 9p-11p and $3 PBR tallboys... of course, Molson cans were on special for $2.50 so I had a couple of those. I was generously rewarded for my thriftiness by the Molson reps: first a grey Molson beanie and 2nd a red and white Molson hockey jersey...which i'll never wear.



the board I used was an old Soundcraft board-pretty easy to use once the house monitor guy told me the correct sends. Show was really good, lots of energy. At soundcheck, Tim thought Bruno's g-string (haha) was a little wonky, but didn't want to change it before the show. On the 2nd to last song, both Taylor and Jason broke strings on their bass & guitar (respectively). I got a really decent shot of Bruno standing on the crowd.



back to my day off....
-uncle j

No comments: