Thursday, February 17, 2011

Michael Jackson Is Still Alive

...that's the topic of conversation right now.

First show came and went. First night of monitors went great. Truth be told, I had a little help - the local sound company had dudes there and Bill, one of the guys, showed me around the board, a Yamaha M7(photo below) and got me started.



Last night's sleep was great (aside from missing my lovely wife): ground level coffin/bunk. Pitch black. Perfect.

Showed up to Royal Oak, MI around 12:30p (25min drive from the hotel) - walked to the CVS and got batteries for the flashlight. Party Time: I grabbed a sammich from Jimmy Johns. 1st JJ sammich in over a year.

Loaded in. Learned things, met people, did stuff. Loaded out.

here's some pictures - you can see my new home.

i'm hungry.

(and, Rick Lane, if you're reading this, I punched detroit in the balls for you. It didn't flinch--I guess it should have been the throat?)






&hearts,
Uncle J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the shot of the "Royal Oak." I propose you take a pic of the marquee of every venue you play. It would make a cool travelblog.

bro