Sunday, February 20, 2011

Heavy Metal Banana Bread

"So, do you come to Milwaukee often?"
"Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century."
"Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?"
"Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land.""
"I was not aware of that."

Milwaukee was great. Got picked up at 10:30a by mum, bill, vince and mom-mom; we proceeded to the casa de miller. I was greeted with hugs and "uncle j"'s from pint-size munchkins. I got a hot shower, good burrito and some star wars/my little pony action. I'm pretty sure there are some photos & video of this tattooed rocker combing the mane of a my little pony with a certain little blonde niece... she rules. David is SO into Star Wars and it's rad.. we played with light sabres and ran around like wookies...hoth was just outside our window.

Was great to see family and i hijacked vinnie for the night. Dude was already hungover from friday night (ha!), but he marched on. We got back to the Rave about 2:30p which was the goal - load in was at 3p (or so)...soundchecked at about 5:15 and we're ready to rock. The venue started letting people in early which was good so more kids would see Drive A.

I don't recall the board I worked on, but after working on about 3-4 different ones, they're all pretty much laid out the same with minor differences here and there. The board wasn't too tall for me, but a stool or something to stand on would have been helpful. It was off the side of stage right. The show went great, monitors sounded great and I think it was the band's best show of the tour.

Cody and I went to the liquor store to get some beer for the bus as chaos was to ensue that evening....and it did. I think we went through 2 30-packs of Miller High Life..amazing.

got to sleep around 6:15a. up around 10ish - and in Chicago!

no pictures to speak of, sorry kids.
-uncle j.

No comments: